Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weekend Projects v. 3

These are my dining room chairs:



Not terrible from afar.  A little boring, but not too bad, until you look at them up close...
 




They have taken a beating and really need to be recovered.   I just happened to have some of this fabric left over...


...from making this bag for this person...
 ...and I'm crazy about it, so it was decided that it would be the jumping off point for our dining room.

This next part was the fun part...


I certainly could have made it look more professional and trimmed the edges nice and straight; but honestly, I was terrified of cutting too much fabric... so I left it long...  no one looks underneath our chairs anyway...

And here is the finished product:


The best part?  This was not even planned, but we bought two chairs for a little nook in our bedroom that MATCH our dining room chairs!  This is a totally big deal because whenever we have more than two people over no one has anywhere to sit (we only have four chairs).  Now we can bring our bedroom chairs out to fill in the gaps and it won't even look unintentional.  I love it when stuff just works out :)

8 comments:

Anonyvox said...

VERY nice, Rita! Is upholstering a seat as easy as it looks, or is it actually tricky? It seems like you'd put in a couple of staples to anchor the fabric, then fold and staple carefully to prevent big wrinkles. Is that it?

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Oh my...I want to sit in those chairs...really I'd like to take them but seeing as they do in fact belong to you I will settle for sitting :p Great job and I LOVE the fabric and the two additional chairs. Fabulous!

Janet said...

Love this fabric and love the chairs!! I really like those two wing chairs, where did you find them??

- Janet

http://lazyowlboutique.blogspot.com

Lazy Mondays said...

Casey - Upholstering a seat is definitely as easy as it looks! I was a little apprehensive at first, but it really was a piece of cake.

Jenna you can sit in my chairs any time! lol

Janet - Thank you! I got the wing chairs at World Market. They are actually brand new and they didn't even have any in stock yet, so we bought the floor models. They had apparently only been there for two days!

Veronica Lynne Van Ry said...

They're beautiful. The Universe has a way of working things out if we just stand back and allow.

mom

Hannah said...

I love this, so satisfying to give something a new lease of life! They look great.

lazymondays said...

So true, Mom :)

lazymondays said...

Thanks Hannah, it is extremely satisfying! I smile each time I look at them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...